OUR VISION / PRIORITIES
Our vision for students is for them to:
• Aspire to reach their potential;
• Demonstrate respect for self, others and the environment;
• Have compassion for others and work co-operatively with members of the school community;
• Be proud of their college;
Our vision for staff is for them to:
• Model respect, pride and compassion;
• Believe they can make a difference for students by caring for them and their right to the best possible education;
• Understand their role in establishing a positive working environment School-Wide
We have developed our key expectations, STARR, which we encourage and expect our students to adhere to and demonstrate at all times:
Follow rules and procedures
Walking in classrooms and yard
Identify and report hazards
Keep school tidy and litter-free
Show care and respect
Keep to your word
Have a go and do your best
Use manners and polite language
Establish positive relationships
Allow others to learn
Ask for help
Positively resolve conflict
Engage in healthy coping habits
Our school priorities are:
1. Quality teaching leading to high achievement and high student engagement
2. An inclusive, inspiring and positive college culture that engages all students
Our priorities, strategies and milestones are explained further in our Business Plan
We strive to ensure that all students in our care are provided with a safe and supportive environment in which to learn and grow. The values embedded in the Department of Education and Training Curriculum Framework are of fundamental importance in fostering a sense of community at our college, and we are proactive in empowering our students to embody these values.
1. A pursuit of knowledge and commitment to achievement of potential. Each person is encouraged to achieve his or her potential in all respects and, through critical and creative thinking, to develop a broad understanding of his or her own values and world views.
2. Self acceptance and respect of self. The acceptance and respect of self, resulting in attitudes and actions that develop each person's unique potential.
3. Respect and concern for others and their rights. Sensitivity to and concern for the well-being of other people; and respect for life and property.
4. Social and civic responsibility
5. This includes the encouragement of each person to participate in democratic process, to value diversity of cultural expression, to respect legitimate authority, to promote social justice and to support the use of research for the improvement of the quality of life.
6. Environmental responsibility. The commitment to developing an appreciative awareness of the interdependence of all elements of the environment.