The STEAM Maker Conference is an incredible PD opportunity for teachers involved in STEM/STEAM. Everyone has heard about STEM and STEAM. They’re the new buzz words in the education landscape. Every school in Australia is grappling right now with how to incorporate STEAM into their students’ learning and provide teachers with the knowledge skills and dispositions to successful STEAM teachers.
STEAM Maker is a conference made by teachers for teachers. We have a line-up of world class speakers combined with the practical know-how of teachers and school leaders. Everything you need to get you started on your journey engaging students across K-12 in Science, Technology, Engineering, The Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) in purposeful learning that is relevant, engaging and focused on practical, real-world outcomes.
STEAM Maker includes keynotes and workshops over two days from international and national speakers including:
- Richard Gerver, International Education Leader and Author, UK.
Win a 90-Minute Workshop on School Leadership with Richard Gerver on 31 August, 2018.
Register four or more staff from your school by Friday 24 August to be in the running to win. Only three available, value $3,000!!
- Professor Leon Stirling, Internationally acclaimed in AI and coding, Swinburne University of Technology
- Richard Johnson, Nominee for the International Global Teacher Award, Perth
- Kim Flintoff, Learning Futures Advisor (CLT), Speaker, Writer, Educator – Curtin University
- Virginia Ellis, Science Educator, P–12 STEAM Coordinator at Barker College NSW
- Mike Harris, CEO, WA Music Industry Association
- Charlie Bass, Founder and Chairman, Centre for Entrepreneurial Research and Innovation
STEAM Maker also includes Student and Teacher displays and exhibits in collaboration with:
- Edith Cowan and Curtin University
- Technology employers
We also are presenting a range of concurrent sessions led by practicing educators to give teachers an opportunity to see STEAM learning in action and to be better equipped at leading and implementing STEAM programs in their own school. The Conference offers two amazing Professional Development Days while learning from key speakers in Education. Books are done online at www.learnability.com.au