The Cecil Andrews ANZAC Ceremony will be held on Wednesday, 2 May at 10:20am, followed by our ANZAC Exhibition in the English Department and morning tea. All parents and guardians are welcome.
Music Under the Stars is produced and presented by the Cecil Andrew College Specialist Performing Arts Program.
Come down to our decorated courtyard and watch our Specialist Performing Arts students present their live performances.
Entry is a gold coin donation. Food and drink will be available for purchase.
Students return for Term 2 on 1 May 2018.
This video is a video invitation to the Parent Community of Cecil Andrews College related to the attached flyer. Adam Voigt (Founder of Real Schools) will be presenting to you on 30th April 2018 at 4pm about Restorative Practices and your school. We really hope you will come along!
This year’s WA Youth Week theme is “Illuminate – Djoondal Djoomba”. This theme has a double meaning: Illuminate relates to space; time; the future of young people, bringing light to young people, and shining bright, and positive mental health. Djoondal Djoomba was inspired by the ‘Carers of Everything’ Nyoongar Dreamtime story of country, which is about the star woman and spirits coming from darkness to light.
The City of Armadale has lots of exciting initiatives, workshops and features in store for the third Artbeat Youth Fest some of which include:
• Inflatable photo booth
• Body/ hair glittering artists
• Table tennis and soccer game tables
• Blender bike “Health yourself wall”
• Soft serve truck
• Ready Steady Kids (games for younger siblings)
• Cultural community canvas piece by Jade Dolman
• Performance by TROOTH music
• A couple of hours of African drumming (interactive)
• DJ Tobias
These, of course, are merely complements to the celebrations, acknowledgement and showcasing the achievements of our local young people, some of which will include:
• The first ever community performance by the Harrisdale SHS choir
• Performances from the Cecil Andrews College band and musicians
• Showcase of the artworks submitted in the PTA competition by local young people
• Showcase of the artwork created based on this year’s theme by the ASHS senior creative arts students.
• Showcase of the award-winning ARC (Armadale Robotics Club – made up of multiple CoA high and primary schools) interactive robots
• A creative display of CoA young people’s aspirations hanging throughout Jull St on the day.