ACADEMIC EXTENSION PROGRAM
Cecil Andrews College offers an Academic Extension Program (AEP) from Years 7 to 10. The program is for students who have a clear academic direction with their studies, wish to study ATAR subjects in Years 11 and 12 and aspire to tertiary studies.
The Academic Extension Program provides an accelerated and differentiated curriculum in a supportive, educational environment with:
– specialist teachers guiding them every step of the way
– access to the new STEM centre
– enriched learning opportunities
– broader experiences including interstate excursions
– an exciting curriculum that puts their studies into an everyday context, designed to inspire them to continue building their knowledge at a higher level
– challenges to help them reach their highest academic potential in those subjects leading to careers and future leadership in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
– access to scholarship opportunities
– involvement in competitions
– access to a dedicated AEP mentor
Who should apply for the Academic Extension Program?
When considering suitable students, factors that extend beyond academic ability are closely considered. Candidates for this program must:
– maintain excellent attendance (90% or above)
– show consistently strong academic results
– display commitment towards achieving their full academic potential
– be committed to a tertiary pathway
– demonstrate an excellent work ethic
The Application Process:
Year 6 parents and students need to complete the application form below and post it together with a copy of the Semester 1, 2019 school report and a copy of your current NAPLAN results to: The AEP Coordinator: Mrs Jane Vearer, Cecil Andrews College, 39 Seville Drive, Seville Grove WA 6112.
Current Year 6 teacher needs to complete the confidential teacher reference section on the back of the application form and post it to: The AEP Coordinator: Mrs Jane Vearer, Cecil Andrews College, 39 Seville Drive, Seville Grove WA 6112